Welcome to TwoCowgirls, the blog about our crazy life in Downtown Saint Paul!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Two Cowgirls Preschool - Letter Z

Our theme this week was "Thanksgiving".  Each morning during circle time we talked about what we were thankful for (next year, remind me to write them down and make a Thankful Tree!).  Millie read a couple cute books about Thanksgiving.  Their favorite was Mousekin's Thanksgiving.

Here's what we did this week:

Day 1:  We worked on a "Z" worksheet.  She loves tracing letters, and has now started copying the letters off her ABC board that we use during circle time (for fun, I might add!).  I'm glad she's finally taking an interest in her letters!!  We read the book Farmers Market Rounding, which was way over her head.  She liked looking at and talking about the pictures, though.  For fun, we baked soft gingerbread cookies.



Day 3:  Today Elise practiced cutting, by cutting out feathers for a turkey.  She loves cutting papers into bits, but wasn't interested in cutting along the line.  I ended up cutting out most of the feathers.  Anywhoo, she practiced writing her letters on the back, and plans to send her beautiful piece of art to her Great Grandma.  We read The Ox Cart Man.  I LOVE that  book!  So did Elise.  What a great story with beautiful illustrations!










Here's what Elise did while I was teaching Millie this week:










As I mentioned in my last blog post, I really need to up the ante our art/handcrafts/PE department.  I must pat myself on the back this week, as we covered all of them!  For art, we went to the Children's Museum art room to do a little finger painting.  Elise painted a little bit (I mean a really little bit), until she discovered the sensory bin, filled with shaving cream and gourds.  Great fun!  For handicrafts, we made wooden spoon puppets.  Last but not least, the girls started Learn To Skate.  Elise is moving around like crazy on the ice.  I'm really proud of her!!!










Most of my inspiration for this week's preschool came from Wee Folk Art.  
Find out what other homeschool families were up to last week, here!


No comments:

Post a Comment