Welcome to TwoCowgirls, the blog about our crazy life in Downtown Saint Paul!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Not Back To School Blog Hop 2014-2015 - School Room Week

When I first started thinking about homeschooling, I thought I couldn't possibly do it right without a school room.  Having a separate space for school work isn't an option for us because our condo is sooo small, but as it turns out, it doesn't really matter.

Here's where we do most of our book work:



If the subject we're working on doesn't involve the computer or writing, the kids are usually somewhere else working.  For example, we do all of our reading on the couch, All About Spelling is done on the floor in front of a magnetic board, NaNoWriMo is done in Millie's bed, and art and nature study could be done anywhere.

The big red cabinet you see in the picture is where I keep all the books we need on a regular basis.


It also houses my "holy grail of homeschooling."   Here's a peek inside:

"Ooooooooooo..."  That's me using my best opera voice.  Use your imagination ;)

A detailed plan for our 3 book work days

I have 39 week worth of detailed plans.  

Millie's spelling plan

"Special Interest Days" are something new for this year.  It'll allow the girls to explore subjects they want to learn about, that I didn't plan for.

So, there you have it!  A table, a cabinet, and a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment