Welcome to TwoCowgirls, the blog about our crazy life in Downtown Saint Paul!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

What I Learned In My First Two Weeks Of Homeschooling

I've already learned so much, and it's just the beginning.  Here are some of the main things I've picked up:

  1. It's VERY easy to overbook ourselves
  2. We can't handle having more than 1 field trip and 1 homeschool group event during the week.
  3. Other homeschool moms (and dads!) are really cool.  Not a single denim jumper in sight!
  4. My extremely detailed, hour by hour plan is unrealistic.
  5. Being flexible is key
I need to work on:
  1. Letting go of unrealistic expectations for myself and Millie
  2. Teaching Elise the basics while I teach Millie everything else
  3. Slowing down, and enjoying the new lifestyle I've created for us

2 comments:

  1. We started homeschooling three weeks ago, and with this post you are literaly taking the words out of my mouth. I couldn't have said it better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Hilarious too by the way. I was pleasantly surprised I didn't see any denim jumpers LOL! We are 2 1/2 weeks in now and I think the teaching 2 different levels is harder than I thought it would be. But, luckily my youngest is only 4 (well almost) so he doesn't need a whole lot! He's catching on quite a bit so I feel good about that!

    ReplyDelete