Welcome to TwoCowgirls, the blog about our crazy life in Downtown Saint Paul!

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Week In The Life Of...Monday


Recently some friends started asking what we do all day at our homeschool.  In response, I decided to put together a series to illustrate what a typical week looks like!  Here it is, enjoy!

Today we have nowhere to be!  I love days like this.  We get so much accomplished.


9:00 - We started out the day doing a daily devotional.  Today's was about honoring your mother and father.  The girls drew a picture of our family.  The picture Millie drew of me is hilarious.  I'm really "stacked".  This activity took FOREVER.

9:45 - We did piano, spelling, reading, and grammar. 



I like to do something for "recess" every day.  Today we went to the pool and swam for a while before lunch.  Elise sat in the hot tub the entire time.  Millie and I pretended to be different animals, and race each other from one side of the pool to the other.

  








After lunch I put Elise down for her nap, and Millie and I did math, history, and science.  History was really fun today!  We are learning about Ancient Greece, and worked on the Sports and Entertainment History Pocket.  I read to her about it, and then we had our own mini Olympics in the living room.  We did the long jump and penguin races (which, as you may have guessed is NOT an official Olympic sport).  Millie won all of the events!  Afterwards, she wrote a newspaper article about our mini Olympics. 

That's our day in a nutshell.  Tomorrow will be a bit more interesting...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome day, thanks for sharing your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That indoor pool looks fabulous. What a treat. I love when the writing comes out of what we are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a great day. I like the swimming part.

    ReplyDelete