Welcome to TwoCowgirls, the blog about our crazy life in Downtown Saint Paul!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Changing Face Of Our Homeschool, 2012

I anticipate that each year will be very different from the last.  It's inevitable since I have 2 kid, 4 years apart.
Last year, I focused on Millie's academics and socialization.  It was my number one priority.  This year, there's going to be a small change.
Here it is:
Elise!

Elise is nearly four years old, energetic, daring, curious, and very ready to start preschool!

Now, I'll have to change my focus to include Elise, not as a bystander, but as a participant.  Fear not, I have a plan.  In fact, I'm so excited about my plan, that I'm going to detail Elise's preschool career on a weekly basis starting in September.  I'm using the following resources for her academics:

Letter identification, sounds, and printing from Jan Brett
Science and crafts from Wee Folk Art
Nature study from Handbook Of Nature Study
Songs, themes, and tot boxes from Preschool Plan It

We'll also regularly include visits to the library for story time and the Science Museum for Preschool Playdates.    

This will be a big change, but I'm up for the challenge! 

Is it September yet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment