Today is the last day of Summer vacation! Clearly I've given up on my Week In Pictures series. Oops! We had a fabulous Summer, made lots of memories, and spend lots of time with people we love. Now it's time for me to take a look at my Bucket List, and see how much of my list I completed.
- Go geocaching
Go to the Hastings car show on date night with Bud Go kayaking with Bud Catch fireflies in a jar
- Go camping at the farm
Make s'mores Play with fireworks Can or freeze something
- Spend a day helping at the farm
- Dance together at the history center
- Read the Little House series to the kidlets
- Run the entire way on the river portion of my jogging/walking loop
- Meet Bud on Harriet Island after work for a dinner picnic with the kids
Go to the beach
- Bake a pie
Watch fireworks on the 4th of July Have a lemonade stand Go miniature golfing Stop for Icees on a hot day
- Float a boat down the creek
- Attend a concert in Mears Park
Brainerd vacation Play at a new park Bike along the Mississippi as a family Have an awesome birthday party for Millie
- Go on rides at Como Town
Play in the splash area at the MN Zoo See the dinosaurs at the zoo
- Go to a Sparky show
Order homeschool supplies for next year Go on a boat ride Vacation bible school Go to a parade Day Camp Rollerblading with Elise Ride the carousel at Como Have a garage sale
- Nature study
- Lots of park playdates with friends
Go to the state fair Go to a county fair Have a beer at a patio bar with friends
- Teach Millie how to sew
Book-A-Wocky Play with sidewalk chalk Go to the farmers market, a lot!
- Go to the Eagle center in Wabasha
- Tour a cave
- Read a Ramona and Beezus book to the girls
Oooooooh, 31/50. That's not great. Wow, I guess I should have been looking at my list throughout the entire Summer so I'd remember to complete some of the events. :( Well, it's not too late. The beauty of homeschooling is that we can still do some of these Summer things during the day in the Fall!
Here's to a fantastic Labor Day (spent at the farm, with family, food, fun), and a great school year (I have butterflies in my tummy already)!