Welcome to TwoCowgirls, the blog about our crazy life in Downtown Saint Paul!

Monday, May 16, 2011

While Millie's Away, A Week In The Life Of Elise - Monday

This is a week long series detailing a typical week during Elise's life, while Millie is at school.

Monday

Today Elise woke up with me, and had two pieces of peanut butter and sugar toast, two bowls of applesauce with cinnamon, and a big glass of milk.  Hungry girl!  Of course, she left the crusts...

After breakfast, she tugged on my leg a lot while I made our grocery list.  When I was finally done, we went for a walk (my typical 30 minute loop up to the Capital grounds, or The Castle, as Elise calls it).  When we were almost done, I let Elise out to pick dandelions:



Next, we were going to go to the grocery store, but the battery in our car is dead (?!), so there will be no grocery shopping today.

Instead, Elise washed the beautiful chunk of concrete rock she found on our walk, on the balcony while I made lunch.




Elise is interested in the alphabet, counting, and nursery rhymes right now, so before nap today I gave her 3 story choices.  She chose Dr. Seuss's ABC.



I love nap time.  Today I washed and folded the laundry, cleaned the bathroom, and picked stuff off the floors throughout the house, balanced the checkbook, paid bills, and made plans with my sister for this weekend.  Then, showered, drank coffee, and read my favorite blogs!

Elise is up now, watching Curious George.  When it's over, I imagine we'll play blocks until Millie comes home. 

That's a typical Monday in the wonderful world of Elise!

No comments:

Post a Comment