Welcome to TwoCowgirls, the blog about our crazy life in Downtown Saint Paul!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer's Almost Here! Boredom Busters!

With Summer fast approaching (only 12 days of school left!), I've started thinking about what I'll do with the girls to keep the entertained throughout the Summer months.  One of the down sides of living 15 floors above ground level, is that I can't say "go out in the yard and play!"  Everything we do has to be intentional.  While doing a search a few minutes ago, I came upon this blog from www.TheFrugalGirls.com.  It's the most comprehensive list of Summer fun I've ever seen!  Read it :)

Here are some local ideas:

The St. Paul Public Library has amazing FREE programs for kids!  I've already got many of them in my calendar.
Music in Mears is a great way to blend kid time with grown up time, while listening to great live music, relaxing, and enjoying one of my favorite city parks
The tot pool by Minnehaha falls is a great way to cool off.  I think Millie might be too big to play there this year.  I'll check it out once to find out.  It's great for small kids though!
The Minnesota History Center has 9 Nights of Music that runs Tuesday evenings throughout the summer.  Admission to the museum is free.  It's a great place for the kids to hear different varieties of music (Salsa, Motown, Irish, Cajun, etc)
The water feature at Upper Landing is SO much fun.  I couldn't find a link to it.  It's on the intersection of Shepard and Eagle St. right outside Downtown St. Paul
My girls are nature girls, so they like getting out in the woods.  Our favorite places to go are Blackdog Trail in Eagan, Fort Snelling (the woods accessible from the town of Mendota), any of the parks along Mississippi River Blvd, and of course trips down to the farm.  We're planning on scheduling LOTS of those this summer!!

That's all I can think of for now, although there are TONS of parks and historical sites around.  My list could go on and on...  If you can think of something to add to my list, please put it in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Your ideas are wonderful. We are in the South so I can't help you with ideas. I do know it's so hot here now you can barely stand to be outside without a sprinkler or pool to get in! Thanks for the sweet comment. I know your homeschooling journey will be a blessing to you and your children.

    ReplyDelete