Welcome to TwoCowgirls, the blog about our crazy life in Downtown Saint Paul!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gearing Up For Fall

Browsing the ads in the Sunday paper today put me in the mood for "back to school"! I love this time of year.  It's a great time to restock my kids art supply, buy supplies for Christmas crafts, or Operation Christmas Child gifts. 
I swore after the long winter, that I wouldn't wish away the Summer, so I'm trying not to get TOO excited about Fall.  So, Millie and I worked on our Summer '11 Bucket List.  Here's what we will do before school starts:
  • See the animals at Como Park
  • Go on rides at Como Town
  • Go to the MN Zoo twice
  • Go to the island at St. Kates and feed the ducks
  • Swim at Snail Lake
  • Have a night-time party at the farm
  • Go to the History Museum
  • Go to Music in Mears
  • Get ice cream at Izzys
  • Farm camp
  • Craguns
  • Play at the Harriet Island playground
  • Go on a nature scavenger hunt
In addition to all the fun things we WILL do before the end of summer, I also need to:
  • Finish all my back to school  shopping
  • Figure out the reporting requirements for homeschooling in MN
  • Introduce Elise to daily quiet time
  • Create and implement a chore chart for Millie
  • Create a cleaning routine for myself
  • Organize my pantry, and somehow free up an entire shelf for homeschool supplies
  • Paint my living room, dining room, and hallway
  • Sign up for a couch 2 5K app, and get in the habit of exercising after the kids are in bed.
I only have 7 weeks to do it all!!  I'll keep you posted.

Aaaaaaand before I go for the evening, here's a picture of Millie from earlier today.  She's really really into kangaroos right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment