Welcome to TwoCowgirls, the blog about our crazy life in Downtown Saint Paul!

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Farewell 4th Grade and Kindergarten! An Exit Interview.


It's finally the end of 4th grade and kindergarten!  We're welcoming summer time with very open arms.

As usual, before we officially concluded the end of the school year, I conducted an "exit interview" to find out what the kids thought of the school year.  Here's what I found out:



Millie (4th Grade)

What is something we did this year that you'll remember the rest of your life? Making so many friends and learning to dance.

What is something I could have done to make this year better? Moving and having a giant backyard.

What is something that was hard at the beginning of the year, that's easy now? Typing.

What is something you taught me this year? All about animals.

What do you want to be when you grow up? A farmer.

Elise (Kindergarten)

What is something we did this year that you'll remember the rest of your life? Reading.

What is something I could have done to make this year better? Play with me.

What is something that was hard at the beginning of the year, that's easy now? Reading.

What is something you taught me this year?  That my favorite food is fruit snacks.

What do you want to be when you grow up? A princess at Disney.

*****


But, what about me?  Don't I get an exit interview?  I'll just say that this was the most challenging year yet.  In fact, if it was my first year homeschooling, it'd be my last.  I lost any and all  motivation a couple months ago, and really felt like a slacker towards the end.

My solution for this problem is to create a highly detailed schedule for next year.  I tried to "take it easy" this year, which does not fit my personality or teaching style at all.  So, I'm going to spend the summer prepping my plan for next year, taking it easy, and trying to relax away my guilt from this school year, away.

I kicked off my summer break by going on a weekend getaway with my 3 closest friends.  It was amazing.  We shopped, ate, explored, laughed until we cried, told (too many?) secrets, drank (too much?) wine, and had a blast.




Find out what other homeschoolers were up to this week, here!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, great exit info! I am facing our first year homeschooling (this fall) with a fourth grader, so your blog was a big help to see what we might have in store. I will read more of your blog as I have time! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete